09 October 2007

celebration

Now Playing: Brahms, "Piano Concerto No. 1 for piano and orchestra in D minor." Track 1, "Maestoso."

Praise God, we got internet in Renwick House today!

I chatted with Peter for about five minutes, and then with my mother for about half-an-hour, though Skype does tend to break up now and then. And I think that I managed to set up the POP server so that the e-mails from Gmail will download to Mozilla Thunderbird instead of me having to use webmail all the time.

And now, some pictures from last weekend. First, another hat to add to my collection:

Next, Claire, eating ice cream in Carrickfergus:




And then the Wilsons' house in County Antrim:

3 comments:

  1. As Jon would say: "Neato Burrito!"

    But seriously (or not) isn't it rather inconsiderate to be tipping that poor soldier's hat after all the harsh weather conditions he has to endure? Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:11 PM

    Cute house. Wish my lawn and garden looked that neat. I have let the lantana go wild along with the weeds. The theory is that it will be easier to deal with when all but the roots are dead.

    Amigo was triumphant that he was able to talk with you. Made his day - he even smiled a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He.... /smiled/?

    *gasp*

    :)

    ReplyDelete