Now Playing: Bach, 'Passacaille and Fugue'. This is one of my all-time favorite pieces. I love Bach--his music always makes me want to break out into a sonnet.
I realized from The Shadow's comment that I should've given you all a who's-who of the family I stayed with this weekend past, the Wilsons. They live in County Antrim, on the edge of a little village. Mr. Wilson is a mechanic, a tall, older man, with wiry, tightly-curled grey hair. Quiet but friendly. Mrs. Wilson is a schoolteacher at the village primary school. She's smaller than Mr. Wilson, slender, with very short blond hair that she curls on Sabbath mornings. A motherly person, always ready to take care of everyone. Claire is twenty years old. She finished two years of a degree in biology but has now left university in order to work for a year. She's taking highschool-level night classes in theology in preparation for returning to university to do a degree in theology. She's built like her father, fairly tall, full-faced, with thick dark curly hair, and dimples whenever she smiles. We get along very well and have great fun together. Calvin, Claire's younger brother, is about seventeen or eighteen, built more like his mother, tall and lanky, with dark hair. He and Claire interact in a way similar to the way that Philip, my brother, and I interact.
When/if I get internet on my laptop, I'll put up a picture of the Wilsons' house and of Claire....
Ah! Thanks for the explanation. For some reason I thought you were staying with the same couple you stayed with last week. The Wilsons sound like a nice family.
ReplyDelete