27 May 2005

I live up to (one of) my name(s)

Yes, the short post Swan-Elf has been waiting for....

As you know, my "real" name is Frodo Baggins. And I've been living up to it, too. Two nights ago, I rescued my dear sister from a member of the Shelob family: it was an enormous daddy-long-legs that had decided to perch on the bathroom cabinet and watch while my sister showered. Needless to say, she was not too pleased at the spider's interest.

Yesterday morning, I awoke to find another cousin of the aforesaid Shelob trying unsuccessfully to blend in with my bookshelf. This menace met a similar end and was given a prompt burial-at-sea (as we call it in my household).

Frodo Baggins Lives On! :)

(Now that was an interesting post....)

6 comments:

  1. Hmm...I just killed an eensy, weensy, tiny spider for Sister 4. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARRRRRRR!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Don't we all just love spiders?

    I don't mind them as long as they aren't brown recluses, and as long as they stay in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said that because...

    humm...

    ... perhaps because I couldn't think of anything better to say?

    Just think of it as though I got some good tips from watching you. After all, I really had one eye open during that fight (right? :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:31 PM

    Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! to you, too.

    ReplyDelete