07 January 2012
This makes me smile every time I come into my room: BOOKS.
I've spent the past couple of days being somewhat lazy at Scott's house. He's been in Chicago, so I've been keeping an eye on the cats, nominally at least--they don't particularly like to have an eye kept on them, in typical cat-fashion, and I prefer not to have their eyes kept on me (ever been stared at by a cat? creepy--always stare back). But I've been studying theory for my next medieval literature class (already!), e-mailing up a storm with Mary as we prepare our syllabus for W131 this semester, and reading Anathem by Neal Stephenson. In other words, I'm a book-stealer, the worst sort of guest to have: Scott left his novel behind, just started, and I picked it up and am now over four hundred pages in.
Today Laura and I have been playing with wedding invitations. Rather, she's been playing, and I've been reading and stressing out by turns. Oh, the joys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Evelyn,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the engagement! Holly and I were so glad to hear the exciting news! Sounds like you found a great one, and Scott even likes NS ! ?
What do you think of Anathem so far?
The cat might start wondering who's in charge if you keep staring. Way to challenge authority! :)
ReplyDeleteThis post made me smile. Yay, books! And the part about the cats made me giggle. Congratulations, by the way! I can't believe it's been what...since this summer since we saw each other in person? I hope we see each other soon! I miss you lots! God bless. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish i had so many books... and the time to read them :(...
ReplyDelete