Now Playing: Jars of Clay, "The Shelter," "Run In the Night (Psalm 27)".
Apparently on quite a British history kick these past two weeks: Watched King's Speech with Cindy last Tuesday night and The Queen with her tonight. King's Speech was really well done (despite the language), if only for the beautiful moments where the speech is being read while the second movement of Beethoven's 7th fills the background. A powerful evocation of what it might have been like to be on the edge of World War II? Although Cindy and I both wondered what it must be like for the Queen (or other people who lived through those times) to watch films made about them.
Today I got to talk to Philip and Laura on the phone! Hooray for random crazy sibling fun times! And this past weekend I got to talk to my parents and Stephen, Nicole, and Katie W., so good times. Also this past weekend I went to the opera with Mary, Scott, and Eric. It was Mary and Scott's idea, not mine, but the operas were by Puccini, so the music was gorgeous.
No comments:
Post a Comment