27 November 2010

Now Playing: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers soundtrack by Howard Shore.

Instead of working on my paper for L613, I've been reading people's blogs. It would appear that everyone else has had time to blog around Thanksgiving, too, which is actually pretty amazing, though reading about the things that TU people are doing makes me miss them more! Quelling criminal behavior, buying new doors, and raising one-year-old daughters--fun stuff.

Philip, Stephen, and I are sitting together in the living room right now. All three of us are on our laptops. I've put my portfolio for W513 and syllabus for L501 in good shape, I think, for their due dates. The L501 syllabus is due next Thursday, and though it probably still has plenty of problems, it's at least more organized than it was before. The portfolio needs to be printed off and bound as a chapbook, but I can't do that until the last poem has been workshopped...

... which leaves that L613 paper. Ugh. I've come to dread the process of writing that paper more and more, the end result being that it's going to be harder to write than it really should be. I'm almost at the point at which I can sit down and work out a proper thesis statement and outline, but I forgot to look at one of my resources before I left Bloomington, so that will have to be done on Tuesday. And then it's paper-writing hibernation for me for the next two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I like your perspective on my activities this week. I have a ton of writing to do myself... and instead, I'm reading your blog and helping Kathryn make the little characters on Wii look like our family members :)

    ReplyDelete