28 October 2010

Now Playing: Tenth Avenue North, "You Are More."

I've been listening to a lot of these guys this week. A lot of them and Bach, which seems like a very odd combination, but I love the complexity of Bach and crave the encouragement of TAN, so let juxtaposition thrive!

Highlights of this week: Looking at the 1550 edition of Piers Plowman in the Lilly yesterday. Visiting the homes of two of my professors. Getting to know my friend Mary, a first-year in English and a Victorianist, much better. Encoding the book I'm working on for Digital Humanities while watching part of The Two Towers extended edition with Laura and Lisa. Sitting out a tornado warning in Starbucks with Mary and Beth on Tuesday morning.

Tonight we turned the heat on for the first time. Today felt like December: flat clouds, strong north wind, bitterly cold after weeks of moderate temperatures and constant sunshine. I'm shivering uncontrollably, even sitting here in the house! Not a good sign for the winter ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Nice song!
    Check out my blog sometime if you have the chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Tenth Avenue North! And I know what you mean about listening to a lot of Bach, too, lol. I've only recently started liking classical music - and then these guys (along with other Christian artists)...it's music heaven, I tell ya! lol

    Nice blog! =)

    Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete