31 July 2010

Now Playing: Secondhand Lions, watching it with my grandmother F and my family.

It's been an eventful month! Two weeks of VBS, beginning July 5, were gloriously exhausting. Haven't laughed that hard or heard so much complete inappropriateness in a long time, thanks to Stephen and Megs. During the second week of VBS, in Enid, I gained a new appendage, thanks to wee blond-haired Leah H, who demanded that I go with her everywhere. We did a lot of door-to-door. Megs and I met a lovely old man who told us all about his family and his trust in Christ.

Third week of July meant Horn Creek! Anna and I couldn't stop grinning when we finally climbed out of the car after twelve hours of driving. The speaker challenged us to deal with the hard issues of our faith honestly.

This last week has been random guests week: Keith P for a couple of days, the N cousins for a couple of days, Elizabeth for a couple of days. All good fun. We went to the peach orchard, went on lots of walks, and cleaned the house twice.

So now it's on to the last things that need to be done before school starts: visiting Tulsa and Enid, cleaning up, packing up.... Have to confess the horrible wave of insecurity that always hits as this process begins. I just don't trust that God's love can get me through this, even after a good month of outreach. I don't trust that if people don't like me, Christ is still king--because I think that I'm king. Thankfully my foolishness doesn't end God's love, as the last year has proved abundantly.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete