Christ is our Priest.
"We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man." Hebrews 8:1-2.
No earthly priest would have dared to sit down in the temple or the tabernacle, but Christ is seated at God's right hand. He is so honored and so pure, so precious and so beloved to the Father that He can minister for us even as He rests in God's presence.
He has entered Heaven itself for us. Instead of ministering in a shadow, He ministers in the real thing, God's own presence, not a symbol of God's presence. Because of His human nature, He knows our needs exactly and knows how to pray for God on our behalf. His prayers for us are immediate, wise, faithful. He never pauses or stops in His ministry.
What does that mean for me? That He knows what I need before I need it. That His prayers are accepted by the Father, even are pleasing to the Father. I am welcomed there because He is the one who has invited me, even into the presence of the holy Creator.
Also, that whatever sins and mistakes I make, they are covered by His faithful ministry. God can never cast me out because His Son prays for me continuously. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment