Now Playing: Beethoven, Symphony No. 7, "Allegro Con Brio".
Catherine rang me today!
And I got to eat lunch with Jenny M. after spending all morning listening to student presentations.
The AAAS-SWARM conference (which sounds like some sort of disease to me) is convening at TU this week, and they needed student judges to adjudicate presentations. I had the benefit of hearing two actually interesting presentations about a certain gene that may make people more likely to get stressed out (or, on a more serious level, suffer disorders such as bipolar or depression). The amusing part of the presentation was that the students had used watching a horror film as their stress test--Jenny, who'd helped with the research, told me afterward that the film was actually rather ridiculous and not very stressful at all.
Anyway....
Before HIST class this afternoon, Emily whispered to me, "I had a dream this weekend that it snowed. When I woke up this morning, the dream was over." There's hardly any snow left on the ground, except in a couple of big piles on the north sides of buildings. Even the extreme moisture has mostly evaporated because of the nearly gale force south winds all day. Yesterday, we could've paddled Rachel Jr.'s inflatable kayak around our apartment complex, but today the ground was only a wee bit mucky.
It's nice to know how your judging went. It sounds like you had a good time anyway.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a pretty good day, then! :-)
ReplyDelete