15 December 2008

True to form, last week of finals: IT SNOWED!

Not what you could genuinely call snow, more like a nasty mixture of ice and sleet, but it's beautifully white on the roofs of the other flats. The grass on the new U is still green, which creates a rather lovely contrast with the white buildings and white... precipitation.

And it's 25 degrees here (roughly -8 Centigrade), so the walk to the gym this morning to run was not particularly enjoyable to say the least. My nose was frozen off.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM

    We are still without any frozen precipitation, but the wind is enough to blow your socks off, literally.

    -Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, did you lose your socks again Arwen?

    I saw a thermometer that said 18 here, but with the windchill it was supposed to be around zero. It was certainly one of the coldest bike rides I've ever had, whatever the temperature.

    I hope your week finishes off well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:41 PM

    We had snow last Wednesday night in Nac. Imagine that. There was enough for the girls and Peter to throw a couple of snowballs at the Watson's house.

    The weather here is just plain depressing - grey and not above 40 all day. Cold and humid here is colder than Colorado at 20degrees. At least the kids have kept the fire going all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:44 AM

    Keebler,
    I can just imagine how cozy it must be there to snuggle up with a good book and vegetate with a warm fire and giggling girls and silly boys.

    Yes, I'm running around barefoot after those socks! I'll catch up with them soon, though.

    -Arwen

    ReplyDelete