05 December 2008

Now Playing: Sufjan Stevens, "Illinoise".

This has been a week of firsts, thanks to Nicole and Rachel Jr. Nicole taught me on Wednesday night after we ate tea in The Hut how to play pool, at which I was laughably bad. On Thursday night, Nicole and Rachel attempted to teach me how to play gin, which I might understand, and rummy, which I almost certainly do not understand, and together they introduced me to the wonders of Freckles frozen custard.

Tonight Tara, Amanda, Rachel Sr., and I watched Get Smart. Popcorn film, ridiculous and (if I may say so) extremely silly. The level of innuendo was rather more than my Victorian sensibilities could handle, but the mockery of James Bond was hilarious.

Almost finished with my senior project, I discovered to my dismay today that my advisor has been ill all week, so she has been completely unable to look over the draft I sent her a couple of weeks ago. I suppose I'll just have to turn it in on Monday and hope that it is acceptable.

The RUF Christmas ball is tomorrow night. Most people in RUF only know how to swing dance, but a few people like to dance English country/Irish dances, so I may be attempting to teach the Waves of Tory and Strip the Willow tomorrow, if I can find music for the dances. Nickel Creek and Flook will help most likely.

High time for some sleep now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:24 AM

    Have fun at the ball!!! I wish we had one over here - it would be so much fun to get to dress up and do barn dances!! And yes, make sure you do strip the willow and waves of troy - you cant have a party without them!!!! Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, Jonathan and I also watched "Get Smart" last night and I agree about the level of innuendo. Neither of us really liked it and agreed that the humor (for the most part) was rather silly.

    Pool, or billiards, can be a lot of fun. I love the geometry and angles involved :)

    ReplyDelete