Now Playing: Fox News on Nicole's TV.
You can't escape it even here.
Somehow, this is indicative, though: Fox is finally getting around to announcing the results of the first states with polls to close, and Rachel and Nicole have both dozed off on the battered green leather sofas.
So much talk. Pastor preached an excellent sermon on Sabbath day about how our hope is not in political candidates. Neither one of these boys seems to do what is exactly right, and in my young idealistic mind that's cause enough for voter disillusionment.
It's been interesting to hear professors talk about this election. They're all voting for Obama, of course. We talked in Honors today about the use of the media to frame this election. Media announcers make fanfare and spectacle out of something that happens quietly in tiny booths, individual by individual: fair enough assessment. It's interesting to think about how voting is a public spectacle just like sporting events or parades.
Meanwhile, though, the demands of the body have to be met. Rachel and I are away for our tea.
I purposely avoided all media the night of. When someone would ask how it was going, I told them I was not paying attention. It is better to not listen to the carnage and deal with it when it is over - kind of like a football game that your team is losing terribly. Just give me the ending score.
ReplyDeleteYes, it was too bad the dems. made such a strong showing because it will mean the loss of many more unborn lives and harm to more women...But did you see that prop. 8 in CA was passed? I know, I know,...the gays are planning to fight it, but at least for now the state constitution will be on the right side of this issue in CA.
ReplyDelete-Arwen