Now Playing: "Kyrie" from the medieval Mass (Gregorian chant or plainchant).
A year ago this week I was fumbling my way round Belfast with the assistance of Rachel and Daphne's "no-go" map, attempting to cram a pile of rather useless information about abstract Northern Irish culture into my head thanks to IFSA orientation, and hiking the Mournes with the Lisburn CY. That first night in Renwick, awake until past two in the morning because I wasn't used yet to the noise of the people going up and down the street to The Parlor, shifting the furniture and prowling into every room of the empty house.
And, of course, the fun of meeting Claire and the church family at Trinity for the first time.
I find it somehow ironic that the weather here today is almost exactly the same as it was there: chilly and wet.
Lot o' water under the bridge eh?
ReplyDeletechilly and wet isn't so bad... and just think, it was coming up on a year ago when you first met me, and now we'll be seeing each other again soon :) Hope I can bring a little northern irish joy to your life...
ReplyDeletealso, the leprechaun is trying to figure out whether or not to be insulted by that 'useless culture' comment... ;)
A lot of things can change in a year :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd a year ago, there was a big empty room upstairs and a lump in my throat. Nice to have you back in the States again, Frodo.
ReplyDelete-Arwen