04 April 2007

I think I need to go back to telling these stories to the little girls....

Goodness gracious, you guys are being far too literal! It's a fairytale, after all! :o)

Maybe the "bad man" in the story went up to Jason's beloved's house and held a gun to her father's head and told her that she had to marry him in three days since obviously no one could have survived the storm that carried Jason out to sea. Now this is an objection I understand, and I should've been more careful about editing it. But these others...!

Breathing underwater is part of the normal magical mechanics of every fairytale.

Everyone has breath in them, and most normal people have the capability of having breath taken away. There are certain breath collectors who go around, known as Mr. Speed or Mr. Bad News or Mr. Beautiful Landscape and the like, who have a tendency to snatch people's breath away.

*laughs*

Now, here's another fairytale up on Through A Glass Darkly for your reading pleasure....

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 AM

    I liked your fairytale. By definition, fairytales aren't obligated to match up with reality. And their authors aren't obligated to make everything neat and logical. At least that's how I feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 PM

    Your faiery tales are all wonderful, Frodo. Thanks for sharing the newest one.

    -Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat and logical... two things that don't go together in a fantasy. :D

    Remember Star Wars? I have a link (just in case Shadow wanted to know) to a website dedicated purely to understanding the physics behind not just their space travel (hard enough by itself!), but also everything else that might be under scrutiny! And lemme tell you, you have to make HUGE stretches of the physical to say it might be possible.

    Huh. That kinda reminds me of what certain people do to say the Bible isn't true. Coincidence? I think not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And BTW (I shoulda put this in the first comment), thanks for putting all these interesting fairytales up where we can read them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working my way through these posts (there's a lot that needs to be done this morning besides). I didn't know there was another fairy tale up! I'll check it out as soon as I'm able.

    ReplyDelete