Highlights from this past week:
Monday: Watching the RUF intramural boys' team beat the law school.
Tuesday: Sitting in a coffeeshop for almost two hours with Tara, reading and writing poetry and drinking orange spice tea.
Wednesday: Opening my mailbox and finding cards from my parents and grandmother. (Hooray for "snail" mail :o) Going to Tara's apartment in the evening to read poetry with Nicole, Amy, Rachel, and Tara. Introducing Amy and Nicole to "Jabberwocky", and reading our own parodies of "real" authors' poems.
Thursday: Listening to Syneva play the entire first movement of the first Brahms piano concerto for a select audience of Amanda, Tara, and myself in the empty Tyrrell recital hall. Beautifully poignant work.
Friday: Getting together with Alisha for a little chat, and going to the RUF rollerskating party. I was awful at rollerskating, but it was fun to watch everyone else. I did borrow Jenny H.'s rollerblades, and was able to get around fairly well on them. Afterwards, Tara came over to our room and watched half of a Dorothy Sayers movie while Rachel did homework. Then Rachel, Tara, and I went over to the Penthouse (the apartment that Jenny S., Alisha, and Tara share) to spend the night.
Saturday: Waking up in Tara's room and fixing pancakes for breakfast. In the afternoon, going to the Gilcrease Museum of Art with Rachel and almost getting lost on the way back to campus in the worst part of town. Visiting Syneva, Amanda, and Rachael for supper (we made kebabs and rice), and watching a movie with a bunch of girls in their apartment after the meal.
Today I went to church at Christ Presbyterian with Syneva, and ate lunch with Syneva, her sister (who's visiting), Rachael, and Amanda. Other than that, I've spent most of the day alone, reading, listening to a sermon my father preached back in December, taking a short walk, and sleeping.
I miss everyone in Stillwater! No one has posted on their blogs. *sigh* :o)
May God be with you all this week.
I haven't. In fact, I'm getting ready to post, tomorrow or sometime soon. And your delightfully short post was quite interesting. :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, you're not the only one missing those in Stillwater...
Is it just me, or do I say stuff like that a lot?
Ah Rollerskating! I used to be pretty good at that, though I never did try the blades.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to post tomorrow morning! I've actually realized I may have a few things to say. Generally time has been short though, or maybe I've spent too much time "playing" with my Calculator and Circuits book ;)
You were missed today.
Frodo,
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting that a coffee house would have tea. Or did you take your own tea bag? I'm glad you enjoyed the cards. The Brahms piano concerto must be gorgeous. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable and memorable weekend. We missed you, though. The cats miss you, too.
-Arwen