Wow! A White Rabbit! I've seen some of them before. Let's follow it......
I used to raise rabbits, my sister had two different ones as pets but I raised them both to sell and for meat. We only slaughtered a couple, it did taste like chicken but the boys were the only ones who would eat it. Eventually I sold them all. I had a few litters, now THAT is fun, seeing the bunnies.
White Rabbit goes back several years (decades, even). The objective was to say "White Rabbit" to someone on the first of the month before someone else said it to you. Once you were "White Rabbited" you couldn't "White Rabbit" anyone else. It made for great fun. Nothing like getting a phone call at 12:01a. m. with the voice saying on the other end, quite cheerfully, "White Rabbit". Glad to see it still goes on. What a tradition.
I've never even heard that before...how interesting. Does anyone know why you say white rabbit? I guess I haven't been introduced to that part of society...
Alothe, You actually beat Daisy. That's first... : ) She was chomping at the bit last retreat to call your parents and wish them, not Happy New Year, but White Rabbit.
*dusts off history books* the white rabbit comes from an old Scottish superstition that saying "White Rabbit" to people on the first day of a month brought good luck.
Wow! A White Rabbit! I've seen some of them before. Let's follow it......
ReplyDeleteI used to raise rabbits, my sister had two different ones as pets but I raised them both to sell and for meat. We only slaughtered a couple, it did taste like chicken but the boys were the only ones who would eat it. Eventually I sold them all. I had a few litters, now THAT is fun, seeing the bunnies.
Oh, sorry. Rabbit trail.
White Rabbit goes back several years (decades, even). The objective was to say "White Rabbit" to someone on the first of the month before someone else said it to you. Once you were "White Rabbited" you couldn't "White Rabbit" anyone else. It made for great fun. Nothing like getting a phone call at 12:01a. m. with the voice saying on the other end, quite cheerfully, "White Rabbit". Glad to see it still goes on. What a tradition.
ReplyDeleteFrodo,
ReplyDeleteI got Stupendous Man, Daisy, Aragorn, and Gandalf this moring. I can't believe you got me. Very silly....
-Arwen
I've never even heard that before...how interesting. Does anyone know why you say white rabbit? I guess I haven't been introduced to that part of society...
ReplyDeleteHa ha, Shadow. : )
ReplyDelete: )
Alothe, You actually beat Daisy. That's first... : ) She was chomping at the bit last retreat to call your parents and wish them, not Happy New Year, but White Rabbit.
*dusts off history books*
ReplyDeletethe white rabbit comes from an old Scottish superstition that saying "White Rabbit" to people on the first day of a month brought good luck.
So I've now found out. *sigh* I was "White Rabbited" and I didn't even know about it. That sure is an odd game ;)
ReplyDelete