
Now Playing: New Song, "Psalms of Praise, Volume 2". Psalm 84A
My mother, Brother1, Daisy, and I raked a huge pile of maple leaves on Saturday. It was like raking up the blanket of the Milky Way, for the leaves were thick and shimmering like stars. The leaf pile was about three feet deep, five feet long, and three or four feet wide (I could lie in it and stretch out my arms and just barely reach the edges, and I'm about five feet tall). Daisy and I splashed around in the leaves for a long while. I buried Daisy completely. When Brother1 came to scoop up the leaves and bag them, he poked his arms into the leaf pile, and Daisy grabbed him. The whole pile shivered, but you couldn't see any of her at all. Brother1 howled that the "leaf monster" had captured him. He started to tickle her, and the pile quivered even more, until a pair of mock-tortured hands poked out of the top of the leaves. Finally, the leaves erupted, and there was Daisy, with her long, brown hair so full of them that she looked as though she'd been sleeping outside for weeks. Here we are in the leaf pile--Daisy is on the right.
What a cute picture! I really like it. What a funny story about the "Leaf Monster" and Gandalf. : )
ReplyDeleteIm glad u had fun while I was off winning soccer games. :P
ReplyDeletethat looks like such fun!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww! You look exactly like 2 hobbits!!
ReplyDelete~Nella
harumph!
ReplyDeleteThat's a bad picture!!!
:)
Funny.
ReplyDelete